How to install Groovy on Windows
Before installing Groovy make sure you have JDK 1.4 or above and that the
JAVA_HOME system environment variable is set to the location of the installed JDK.
To install Groovy:
- Get the latest release of Groovy from http://groovy.codehaus.org/Download
- Unzip to a directory like C:\groovy
- Create a system environment variable
GROOVY_HOMEwhose value is set to the location from Step 2
- Include %GROOVY_HOME%\bin in your
- Test your installation by executing
You should see output similar to:
Groovy Version: 1.6.0 JVM: 1.6.0_10
Time to get Groovy!
If you do not see output like above and followed steps 1-5 correctly, try clearing the value saved in the
CLASSPATH environment variable.